2017 SENS CAMPERSHIPS
The Ottawa Senators Foundation empowers children and youth from eastern Ontario and western Quebec to reach their full potential by investing in social recreation and education programs that promote both physical and mental wellness.
The 2017 SENS CAMPERSHIPS program will provide funding to charitable organizations with a successful history of providing summer camp experiences to children and youth from low-income families were invited to apply for grants. Organizations with summer camp delivery as part of their core business as well as a proven record of camp programming resulting in campers increased self-confidence, personal development, physical activity, nutritional awareness, teamwork, leadership and fair play skills.
The 2016 SENS CAMPERSHIPS program partners include:
- Banff Avenue Community House and Blair Court Community House (day camp)
- Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa & Camp Smitty (residential camp)
- Camp Misquah (residential camp)
- Christie Lake Kids & Christie Lake Camp (residential camp)
- City of Ottawa City Champions’ Camp (day camp)
- City of Ottawa Youth Sports Camp (day camp)
- City of Ottawa Sens Brookies Camp (day camp)
- Camp des Voyageurs Tim Horton in Quyon, Quebec (residential camp)
- YMCA of Brockville (day camp)
- YMCA of Kingston (day camp)
- Smiths Falls Summer Fun Camp at Gerry Lowe SENS RINK
- Ottawa Children’s Treatment Centre Recreation Therapy Summer Camp (day camp)
The SENS CAMPERSHIPS program with the above partners will provide over 1,600 children and youth, ages 4 to 17, from communities in eastern Ontario and western Quebec, with more than 10,000 days at camp in the summer of 2016
The Ottawa Senators Foundation will partner with Canadian registered charitable organizations that have:
- a core mandate of delivering recreational programming to children and youth ages 4-16 years living in eastern Ontario and/or western Quebec;
- 10+ years of successful summer camp creation, programming, engagement with families, and post camp camper evaluations;
- non-denominational programming;
- existing infrastructure, facilities, and staffing frameworks for summer camp delivery;
- the ability to maximize camper recruitment within the targeted demographic/geographic groups;
- audited financial statements for the organization (not just camp programs) for the previous two fiscal years;
- proof of insurance and indemnification provision for the Ottawa Senators Foundation.
2017 Application Process:
- The Application Form to apply for SENS CAMPERSHIPS program funding will be available in both English and French from 9 a.m. on March 17 to 5 p.m. on April 30 on the Ottawa Senators Foundation website.
- Ottawa Senators Foundation staff will vet the applications received to ensure all eligibility criteria have been met and will forward completed and eligible applications to the SENS CAMPERSHIPS Committee by April 1, 2017.
- The SENS CAMPERSHIPS Committee, comprised of sitting and past members of the Ottawa Senators Board of Directors and staff of the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club & Foundation, will review and shortlist applications for funding consideration by April 2017. During this evaluation time, some applicants may be contacted for further information or may be invited in to make a presentation to the committee.
- The Ottawa Senators Foundation board of directors will make final funding decisions by May 2017.
- All applicants will be informed of their application status no later than May 12, 2017.
Questions relating to the SENS CAMPERSHIPS program should be directed to:
Manager, SENS RINKs and Community Programs
Ottawa Senators Foundation
Email: [email protected]