To be eligible to receive support from the Sens Foundation applicants must:
- be a registered charitable organization with Revenue Canada
- be able to provide its nine-digit registration number (e.g. 880 975 065 RR0001) on our online applications for in-kind contributions and financial grants support
- have a primary business address with a postal code that begins with "K", "J8", or "J9"
- use support provided by the Sens Foundation to benefit children and youth living within eastern Ontario and western Quebec
- be able to provide a charitable tax receipt for the full amount of the donation if required
The Sens Foundation does not support:
- organizations that do not qualify as a registered charity
- organizations that fall outside the geographic boundaries of eastern Ontario and western Quebec
- children/youth summer camps
- capital campaigns
- religious organizations whose programs are limited to members of a specific religious denomination
- individuals or individual pursuits.
- fraternal, veteran, labour, athletic or sectarian organizations serving a limited group.
- Political or lobby groups
- advocacy or special interest groups
- debt-reduction campaigns.
- travel funds, conferences, seminars and workshops
- videotape, film, or audio productions.
- organizations that might in anyway pose a conflict with the goals, programs, products, or employees of the Sens Foundation, the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club and its alumni, or any of the Capital Sports Group subsidiaries
Other Important information
How much is a reasonable request?
- The Sens Foundation will consider requests for projects of up to $25,000
- Most funding approvals are in the $10,000 to $15,000 range
Pending approval of funding applications the Sens Foundation may request copies of the following documentation:
- Current audited financial statements
- Copies of your organizations promotional/marketing materials and publications
It is essential that your organization provide the Sens Foundation with a six-month progress report of your project. Your commitment to this request could affect future donations. You will be prompted for this commitment in the online application form.