In Kind Contributions
The Ottawa Senators Foundation is pleased to help registered charitable organizations throughout eastern Ontario and western Quebec by in-kind contributions for raffle, auction or other fundraising activities. In 2012-2013 the in-kind contributions the Ottawa Senators Foundation made resulted in more than $400,000 of value for hundreds of charitable organizations.
We focus our in-kind contributions program exclusively on supporting organizations whose programs focus on improving the quality of life for children and youth by addressing needs in our focus areas of education, health, and recreation.
In an effort to support as many charitable organizations as we can within the region, the Ottawa Senators Foundation will not fulfill in-kind donation requests that will be used to support organizations that we are already supporting financially with annual gifts of $10,000 or more. These organizations include:
- Algonquin College Foundation
- Centraide Outaouais
- CHEO (Children's Hospital of Easter Ontario)
- Max Keeping Foundation
- Project s.t.e.p.
- Queensway Carleton Hospital
- Royal Ottawa Foundation of Mental Health
- United Way/Centraide Ottawa
If the organization you are seeking support for does not appear in the above list, please review our eligibility guidelines as well as the following requirements we have established to create consistency and fairness to all organizations that seek our support:
- requests must be submitted using the online request form
- we will not respond to requests we receive by mail, phone, fax or email
- requests must be made at least four weeks prior to the date the item is required
- the Ottawa Senators Foundation does not accept items to be signed, provide items for personal collections or use, or contribute to business award incentive programs
- due to the abundance of requests we receive, the Ottawa Senators Foundation is only able to donate to an organization once during our fiscal year which runs from August 1 to July 31
The kinds of items we are able to provide vary, but some examples of our support may include: hats, player photographs, player cards, team pictures, pucks,flags, lapel pins, etc. We are not always able to provide autographed merchandise and we do not provide player appearances, game suites or tickets, signed jerseys or sticks as part of our in-kind contributions program.
Once the online application has been submitted, the applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of application. A final decision concerning possible in-kind contributions will happen within two weeks of application submission. We wish all organizations best of luck with their charitable endeavours and salute them for making a difference in the lives of children and youth.