Ferguslea Sens Soiree In-kind donation Information
Hockey is back and as we embark on a shortened season, the Sens Foundation continues its work in the community supporting children and youth. The Ferguslea Sens Soiree, the foundation’s premier fundraising event is Monday, Feb. 4th and we’re looking for help from you, in the way of a donation of an in-kind item to assist us raising funds in the live and silent auction portion of the event.
Supporting the Sens Foundation and the Ferguslea Sens Soiree means:
- 25,000+ students in grades 1-6 in eastern Ontario and western Quebec are being taught required curriculum in Math, Language Arts, and Physical Education with lesson plans teachers can access for free online via the “Sens@School” program, making learning these subjects innovative and fun while creating raviing fans
- 5,400 students receive addiction prevention and education sessions across all four school boards and 1,500 students access school-based addiction counseling via “project s.t.e.p.”;
- increased awareness and access to vital programs and services in the field of youth mental health via the Royal;
- world-class pediatric palliative and respite care is available at Roger’s House;
- children and youth from families with economic hardships are granted opportunities to participate at no cost in sports and recreation activities during critical after-school hours with our “Play to the Max” program in partnership with the Max Keeping Foundation;
- 400 kids in 25+ priority neighbourhoods participate in the “I Love to Skate” program and receive free skates, helmets and skating instruction to learn how to skate on outdoor rinks in their communities.
As an added bonus anyone who makes an in-kind donation (of any size) between now and Jan. 31 will be entered in a draw to win two tickets to the attend the Ferguslea Sens Soiree.
To learn more or make a donation, please click here for the donation form of call us at 613-599-0323.
Help us make a difference for the kids of our community.