The Ottawa Senators Foundation empowers children and youth from eastern Ontario and western Quebec to reach their full potential by investing in social recreation and education programs that promote both physical and mental wellness.
The 2018 SENS CAMPERSHIPS program will provide funding to charitable organizations with a successful history of providing summer camp experiences to children and youth from low-income families. Organizations with a proven record of camp programming resulting in campers’ increased self-confidence, personal development, physical activity, nutritional awareness, teamwork, leadership and fair play skills are invited to apply.
The Ottawa Senators Foundation will partner with Canadian registered charitable organizations that have:
- a core mandate of delivering recreational programming to children and youth ages 4-16 years living in eastern Ontario and/or western Quebec;
- 10+ years of successful summer camp creation, programming, engagement with families, and post camp camper evaluations;
- non-denominational programming;
- existing infrastructure, facilities, and staffing frameworks for summer camp delivery;
- the ability to maximize camper recruitment within the targeted demographic/geographic groups;
- audited financial statements for the organization (not just camp programs) for the previous two fiscal years;
- proof of insurance and indemnification provision for the Ottawa Senators Foundation.
2018 Application Process:
- The Application Form to apply for SENS CAMPERSHIPS program funding will be available in both English and French from 9 a.m. on February 27th to 5 p.m. on April 13th on the Ottawa Senators Foundation website.
- Ottawa Senators Foundation staff will vet the applications received to ensure all eligibility criteria have been met and will forward completed and eligible applications to the SENS CAMPERSHIPS Committee by April 16, 2018.
- The SENS CAMPERSHIPS Committee, comprised of sitting and past members of the Ottawa Senators Board of Directors and staff of the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club & Foundation, will review and shortlist applications for funding consideration by April 20, 2018. During this evaluation time, some applicants may be contacted for further information or may be invited in to make a presentation to the committee.
- The Ottawa Senators Foundation board of directors will make final funding decisions by April 30, 2018.
- All applicants will be informed of their application status no later than May 4, 2018.