April 6 - 8, 2018
Ottawa Year End Minor Hockey Tournament
51st Annual Ottawa Year End Tournament
Participate in this year’s Ottawa Year End Minor Hockey Tournament to celebrate a great year of hockey and raise important funds for Roger Neilson House! The tournament has raised $31,870.96 in 2017 & over $312,966.60 in 13 years!
- Started by George Higgs, Director of Athletics, City of Ottawa in 1967.
- Created to provide a tournament for house league teams that previously had no such opportunities, to promote fair play, hence our equal ice time rule, and to provide a fun ending to the regular hockey season.
- The original purpose of this tournament was to provide an opportunity for community house league teams to compete in a citywide tournament with the winners being declared City of Ottawa champions in the house league divisions.
- Originally funded and organized by the city of Ottawa this tournament is now fully self-sufficient and is solely run by community based volunteers.
- Participation was limited to Districts 6,7,8 of HEO Minor as these districts comprised the original city of Ottawa.
- Since the amalgamation of the City of Ottawa there has been an increased emphasis on encouraging teams from outside Districts 6,7,8 to participate.
- We began supporting “Roger Neilson House” in 2003.
- Thru 2003/04 Districts 6, 7 and 8 played their regular house league season in their individual districts. In 2004/05 the Bytown Minor Hockey League (BMHL) was formed and districts 6, 7 and 8 began playing an inter-lock schedule.
- In 2006/07 Districts 6, 7 and 8 were merged into the new District B.
- Tournament is hosted at local arenas by the associations of District B.